Saturday, July 11, 2009

My first real stencil


OK, those other simple shapes I did were just warming up. This little guy plus the rays behind him are my first real stencils. Real, meaning there are little islands and bridges cut out that make the whole image work. Woohoo!

The dots are made by printing with bubble wrap.

The only problem I am having is that it is hard to wait for everything to dry.

Plus, you put a spray adhesive on the back of the stencil to hold it down so you can get nice crisp lines, but the adhesive I bought completely sucks, so I need to get some more and try it again.

2 comments:

  1. My computer is now hooked up! Yeah! And telephone works! Surrounded by boxes. Good investment was new windows. Bette isn't panting and it was 106 degrees today.
    You have been incredibly busy. Love the dog. Why don't you stencil that piece of furniture. You could have the stencil continue up the wall behind it. Okay, crazy. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weenie dog! This little guy made me smile.

    ReplyDelete