Monday, June 21, 2010

Creating a Treasury for ETSY


Maybe you are acquainted a bit with ETSY, that online marketplace for handmade and vintage goods. I have only been selling on ETSY since the end of last year and I am still learning the ropes. I have found that I get more traffic from people coming from Facebook or this blog than random people looking online.

When you start on the front page of ETSY, there is a nice big section with some "handpicked" items; a special treasury of items that maybe have a specific theme, like a color or a certain material. These groups of items are not chosen specifically by ETSY editors. Instead, they are selected out of the thousands of Treasuries that ETSY buyers and sellers make themselves of their favorite items. And you are not supposed to include one of your own items.

Well, I have finally made my first treasury. I have tried several times before, but there was always a limit to how many treasuries could be made at any one time and I always seemed to miss an opening. Well, now ETSY has changed their policy, so that anyone can make a treasury at anytime.

The funny thing is that while I knew it would be easy to pick out beautiful items, it took me well over an hour and a half to organize them just so and pick out pieces that would compliment one another.

Phew!

Take a look at my new treasury: Dreaming of a Deep, Blue Sea and a Big, Green Forest

And look at my new jewelry I have been posting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment