Thursday, January 27, 2011

Make a Statement Necklace, Try 2.

I am still not completely satisfied with the last big necklace I made (see post below) so I am having another go at it. I have been wanting to make tinier flowers for pieces to sell on ETSY and at galleries, so this is an excuse to play and get the pattern right.

I recently bought a dome dapping set at Harbor Freight Tools and you can see how I have shaped the flowers. Note: Harbor Freight Tools is a dangerous store for me; I can't go in there without spending $50.

Below I am experimenting with making a base to apply the more sculptural flowers onto.

And here I am just playing with the shape and scale. I have to get cracking tomorrow, however, because I have a hair appointment at 12:45 for a cut and style and we have to leave for Seattle at 4:30 to get there in time for dinner before the Opera.

Phew! Very excited about the opera. And I even bought a cute little black dress to wear. I was looking in my closet the other day and realized I no longer have any sort of LBD. The tragedy! But that is all fixed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment