Thursday, August 18, 2011

To Friends!

I received 2 special gifts last weekend.

My friend Patrick just got back from Columbia and brought me a whole bag of goodies, but this clay serving dish is just gorgeous.  The weight and feel of it is very substantial, very handmade.  The spoon is also clay.

I also received a hostess gift at our dinner party from my friend Ann.  Thank you, Ann! 

This is Alderwood Smoked flavored sea salt from a local Tacoma shop, Libertine Tacoma and it is delicious with an extra smokey kick.

As I was admiring my gifts, I had a thought.  It's like peanut butter and chocolate!

They belong together!

We are having a Mexican/Spanish themed potluck and Sangria party this weekend and I think this will be perfect on top of some roasted jalapenos!
A los amigos!

2 comments:

  1. SO perfect!!!!! Libertine Tacoma has Chipotle Lime Sea Salt too....;) Thank you for the mention and great photos! You lady....are simply awesome!

    Thank you,
    Christy
    Owner/Designer Libertine Tacoma
    www.libertinetacoma.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I love the dish Patrick gave you, and you're right -- they are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete