Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Self Portrait

The assignment was to create a self portrait using found ephemera and using the materials to their fullest capacity to express your persona.  It was tricky to work through all the art speak of the lesson and in the end I relied mostly on the color of the magazines to do the hard work for me.

I cut out a lot of the paper first and then glued it down without thinking about it too much.  Time flew by as I worked on it.

I don't do a lot of collage but this was a lot of fun.  Next assignment we are making more material studies but this time it is supposed to be with our most favorite medium and we have to play with it and discover something new.

I plan on felting some items today with some new techniques.  Will let you see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment