Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Table Setting

 I was in the middle of making a felt cut out table runner for our dinner party tonight and realized I just didn't like it.

I found some unstretched canvas when we moved and remembered somewhere in the back of my mind and idea about a painted words table runner.  I saw it on some blog, it was fabulous, and now for the life of me, I don't know where I saw it.  (This is where my sister points out that if I had posted it to Pinterest then I would know exactly where it was.)

So I winged it.  I cut the canvas so it hung over the edges and was about 14" wide.  Then I watered down some acrylic paint and wrote out famous food quotes by Oscar Wilde, Julia Child, and Martin Luther, among others. 

About half way through I almost abandoned this one as well but I stuck with it and now I am very very happy with how it turned out.  Simple, cheerful, and all about the joys of being with loved ones over food and drink. 

The felted rock place card holders and napkins add color.  
Life is too short for all the dinner parties I want to host!   Now it is time to go marinate the steak and chill the Prosecco and clean the kitchen.....

Happy, happy holidays however you chose to spend it and whomever you chose to spend it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment