Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Collage Frenzy

 I am well into my first assignment in Winter Quarter of my Fiber Arts Certificate and this project is a biggie!  We have to create 50 collages, yes, that's right, 50, based on a single theme and then 2 nicer collages as a finished diptych.  And we only have 2 weeks.  Yikes, this is like real school!
 I've said this before and I will say it again.  I am not really a collage person.  The self portrait I did last quarter was one of the only collages I have created in years and years.  So this is hard for me.  The instructor did say that to think of the 50 more like sketches so I am using it more to just experiment with the paper. 
 I am also trying not to use a lot of magazines so that is making it hard as well.  But I am hunkering down in the downstairs rec room (My new studio looks to have a water leak which is another story and I can't move into it just yet.) and listening to the radio and enjoying myself.  I made it past 30 which felt like a big obstacle and am actually starting to enjoy what I have been coming up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment