Friday, February 3, 2012

Felt Sample Spike Necklace

I am working on some materials samples for my wearable art assignment for class and have discovered I really like making felt spikes.  But I haven't decided if I like the rolled spikes or the flat spikes better.  And I am actually working now in my studio--yay!  I can leave my felting stuff set up and not have it in the way of our daily life.  Always a good thing.

Anyways, I ended up liking these samples so much I decided to turn them into a necklace.  It is so light weight I can hardly tell that it is on.  I added the silver bead and was about to add more but decided to leave it minimalistic for now.  I did extra needle felting on the spikes to firm them up a bit.
I am also experimenting with making thick solid pieces of felt and cutting the spikes out of the finished felt but that is drying right now so I don't have any photos of it. I am flying through the black felt.  Luckily I need to go up to Seattle tomorrow so I can stop and get some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment