Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What I Ate: Grilled Bok Choy

I've been taking big bunches of bok choy, splitting them down the middle and then brushing on a little olive oil before grilling them, leaves and all.  You can then leave them whole and drizzle them with a little dressing for presentation but I prefer to cut them up as a side dish.  Here I served them alongside broccoli raab that I par boiled and then sauteed with some turkey sausage, garlic, and parmesan.  We love to eat our vegetables around here.

I grill all spring, summer, and autumn long.  Except for yesterday when I tried to grill chicken breasts for a chicken and avocado salad and found out half way through cooking we were out of propane.  This always happens near the beginning of the season.  Once we have both tanks filled again we won't have this problem again until next year.  In the meantime, I just tossed the chicken into the cast iron skillet and it turned out just fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment